Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Talk Like An Egyptian

From Version I to Version II:-

Before Mr Peres's arrival, Mr Mubarak claimed Israel was responsible for the failure of attempts to resume peace talks.

"I will use words that are not open to interpretation," he said. "Israel is destroying the opportunity for peace, with its plans to populate Jerusalem with Jews and excavate around the al- Aqsa Mosque."

(that was I)

At a news conference yesterday following the talks with Mr Peres, Mr Mubarak said: "I expressed my concern to President Peres that peace talks have not progressed since our last meeting in July, and that Egypt is looking forward to an Israeli response, such as halting the building of settlements in east Jerusalem."

(that was II)


And let's address the Jerusalem issue:

...Mr Peres addressed the issue raised by Mr Mubarak regarding the al-Aqsa Mosque, which is part of the Temple Mount area of Jerusalem's Old City.

"I want to send a clear message to the Arab world - we have no intention of building on the Temple Mount. We respect the Muslims, and I am sorry for the frequent rumours and lies."

No comments: